Tips To Get More Sales From Blogs
As a business leader, you want to increase customer loyalty to your products and services. However, you’re not exactly sure what’s the best way to go about doing this. You’ve tried cutting prices, reaching out to customers on social media sites, and offering incentives for loyal customers. While all of these methods can be great ways to reach out to customers and create fans of your business, there’s one additional method that all business leaders should put to good use:
Use your website blog to grow your business.
Let’s face it: the days of the cold corporate website are long gone. Now customers want to know more about the people behind the business. Brands are no longer visual representations of a business: they’re living, breathing entities that people use to represent their tastes, interests, and lives. Consider iconic brands like Apple, and how people use that brand to reflect their interests and income.
That’s exactly the type of brand identification you want to strive for – and that’s exactly what you can build with a website blog.
Your website blog is akin to having a conversation with a friend over a cup of coffee. It’s not designed to sell your company’s products with every post; rather, it’s designed to reach out to your customers to interact with them. Your customers are people, after all – and the more you get to know them, the more likely it is that you’ll be able to identify their wants and needs.
To use your website blog to grow your business, try using the following steps:
- Write About Topics Your Customers Need– Research topics that are near and dear to your customers’ hearts. For example, you could write about current issues in your industry, helpful advice for customers to use your products, and more. Another good source of article topics may be the most common questions your customers ask about your products or services.
- Interact With Your Comments – Interact with some customers on your message boards. If your customer posts an interesting comment to your blog post, don’t just let it sit there – interact with it! Write a follow-up comment or post an intelligent question.
- Be Informative – Make sure your blog posts are informative and interesting. People don’t want to read content just for the sake of it. Make it compelling and engaging.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Be Passionate – Remember to be yourself and people will see the passion you have for what you do and feel how genuine you are about your business.
- Post Often – Post a few times a week to keep your readers coming back for more.
- Leave Links To Your Site – Provide a link to a page on your website that may provide additional information about the topic of each blog post. This may be to a services page, another blog post, or in some cases your home page. The purpose is to engage your reader with more relevant information.
- Add To Social Networking Sites – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google + are the biggest social media sites online. Every blog post that you ever post should be updated to all of these so that all of your friends and colleagues can interact with you.
- Post Blog To Book Marking Sites – A bookmarking site can keep the bookmarks of pages that interest you and keep them in one place. The major purpose of bookmarking sites is for users that have different browsers or computers but still want easy access to these bookmarked pages. What’s great for your blog is that each bookmarking site offers exposure to a new group of friends. Similar to social networking sites they may save your bookmarks, share them with their friends, and write comments. This creates another way to generate traffic to each new post.
Remember to resist the urge to turn a majority of your blog posts into promotions. This is a surefire way to turn off readers, as blogs shouldn’t be used as thinly veiled advertisements.
If you would like more information on how you can use the blog to generate more leads or sales to your business call (770) 766-5600. At Elite Web Professionals, we specialize in helping businesses use their website to generate more customers. For information on how we can help you with your website needs, and to browse our website design services click here. We provide comprehensive search engine optimization and pay-per-click advertising services to help you grow your business online.
Not convinced, find out 33 reasons why you need a website right now.