Congratulations! You have chosen a web design company and are starting the process of your new website. Use this website design checklist to accelerate the website design process. You will need to decide on the colors for your new website, come up with some website design ideas, and choose menu items.
Decide On Colors
The first thing that you will need to provide your website design company is your color scheme. Researchers agree that colors greatly influence the human state of mind. Many people believe colors you use on your website can influence on whether you grab a visitor’s attention right away or leave it after the first few seconds. There are a few things that you should consider when choosing the colors for your website.
- Select 3 different Colors and Use Them Throughout The Website
- Consider Your Target Audience – Will You be targeting men or women with your website? Will this site reach children, teenagers, or adults?
- Consider if you are targeting locally, nationally, or internationally with your website.
Come Up With Some Website Design Ideas
The next step for your website is to give your designer a few ideas to create the layout of your site. There are a few ways that you can go about this process. The 2 easiest ways that I have found to find the best website design ideas for your business is see what is working for your competitors across the country, and finding website templates.
- Browse Through Website Templates – There are many different template websites for you to take a look at with layouts for your industry. Choose a template to give to your designer to get them started on delivering you a custom design with a similar layout.
- Competitors Websites – Simply search for your service throughout the country on search engines to see what other companies in your industry decided to do with their website design. While we don’t encourage people to use someone else’s website, it is a great idea to get ideas on where to begin with a new website from companies who have a successful website already.
When you are looking at these websites, templates, or designs it is important to look for what you think your customers need to make a buying decision on your website right away. For most businesses, having the business name big and bold, having a phone number, and providing a logo at the top of the website is highly recommended.
Come Up With Menu Items For Your Site
The final step for your website is to choose the best menu items for your website. For many – Home, Services, Main Service #1, Main Service #2, Blog, and Contact page is all that you need. However, take the time to see what other companies in your industry are doing to get the maximum exposure and decide on how you can apply that on your website.
You have now completed all that you need to give your website designer what he needs to get started on your project. If you already have a website, and you would like to continue to host your own website, then you need to provide ftp username and password. Find out how to get your FTP information for your domain and website.
When you complete this checklist you are giving your designer all the information that he/she needs to provide the best website design for your business. Thank you for taking the time to read my article.
Elite Web Professionals provide custom WordPress website design to help you build your brand name, while making it easy for you to provide information to your customers. For information on how we can help you with your website needs, browse our wordpress website prices. We provide comprehensive website design, and internet advertising services to help you grow your business online.